Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
The Indiana and Illinois Departments of Transportation want to remind the public the Illiana Tier Two Environmental Impact Statement has been released for public comment. A public hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 18th at Lowell Middle School. The public hearings will be an open house format, and interested persons may attend anytime between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. There will be a continuous presentation, and the public is invited and encouraged to attend to review and comment on the:
- Purpose and need for the improvement
- Alternatives under consideration
- Preliminary road closure plan
- Social, economic, and environmental impacts and proposed mitigation strategies
- Section 106 Effects Assessment Report (effects on historic properties)
- Proposed Section 4(f) De Minimis Impact Determination regarding improvement at Wauponsee Glacial Trail near Symerton Illinois
- Air Quality (including PM2.5 Hot-Spot analysis)
In the event the hearing is cancelled due to inclement weather, an alternate date of March 5th has been scheduled and would be held at Hebron High School.
The public comment period runs through March 24th, and for more information, visit http://illianacorridor.org/
|< Prev||Next >|