Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
Today's Times reports fire officials in Lynwood, Illinois, honored a four-year-old boy and his dad Tuesday night for saving family members from a fire that destroyed their mobile home Saturday. Officials say the fire appears to have started in the furnace area, but the cause hasn't been determined yet. The Times says smoke detectors were working, but didn't wake anyone up – but the boy awoke from smelling smoke, the story says, and ran to his parents, then the father ran to rescue their one-year-old daughter, and the father was treated for burns.
The Times says Deputy Fire Chief John Cobb also presented the family with Christmas gifts and gift cards donated by area retailers. Here's a link to today's Times story:
|< Prev||Next >|