Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) and The South Bend Police Department want incoming fans to be prepared for altered traffic routes around the University of Notre Dame as The Fighting Irish Football season gets underway this weekend. New roadways have taken shape, other roadways are closed for construction, and GPS units likely won’t be updated with the recent changes. Plan ahead to ensure your football weekend is a victory.
Road Closures (map below)
- South Bend Avenue, between Notre Dame Avenue and Frances Street
- Twyckenham Drive at State Road 23 (closure at south side of intersection)
- Eddy Street, between SR 23 and Howard Street
New Roads and Signals
- A new Douglas Road (just north of Old Douglas Road) now intersects with the Indiana Toll Road exit (mm 77) and SR 933
- New traffic signal operational at SR 23 (Eddy Street) and Campeau Street (Perley School)
Keep in Mind
- Turn off the GPS
- Watch for police officers directing traffic
- Plan your route before leaving home
Find up-to-date Notre Dame Game Day maps and traffic information online by liking the INDOT Northwest Facebook Page (www.Facebook.com/INDOTNorthwest) and following INDOTNorthwest on Twitter (@INDOTNorthwest)
# # #
|< Prev||Next >|