Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
Authorities in Cedar Lake discovered a 61 year old unresponsive female in one-unit of a four-unit town house this morning after being called to the ten-thousand block of 130th Lane in reference to a strong smell of gas. Cedar Lake Police report first responders safely evacuated three of the four units and found the woman laying on a bed with no signs of life, who appeared to have passed away sometime during the night. Investigators determined the female victim accidentally left her vehicle running in an attached garage and went inside the house and that after several hours; the victim was overcome by the carbon monoxide fumes from her vehicle's exhaust. Police report fire units registered carbon monoxide levels of four-thousand parts per million inside her unit, safe levels are considered anything under 40 parts per million. Authorities report no other leaks were discovered and the remaining units were aired out and rechecked, at which time the other residents were allowed to return inside. Investigator report they believe this was a case of an accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
# # #
|< Prev||Next >|